Wednesday, August 29, 2012

30 min Recipe: Chipotle CheeseSteak Pasta


Being a wife, mother, educator, blogger, entrepreneur, nutritional lifestyle coach, and environmental activist leaves very little time to be creative in the kitchen. Last Saturday I came across a restaurant inspired recipe, Chipotle CheeseSteak Pasta, while reading the local newspaper. Coincidently I had picked up lots of organic vegetables at a local farmers market last Sunday after Church, I had a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the pantry, and there were organically raised beef sirloin tips in my freezer that I snagged from a “Living Social” Labor Day Grilling deal a few weeks ago. I had all the makings of a quick, family dinner that I made for my family tonight ---



Chipotle CheeseSteak  Pasta      Makes: 4 servings     Cook time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
¼ cup barbeque sauce                       ¼ cup A1 Steak Sauce
¼ Robusto Italian dressing                 1 small red sweet onion
1 green bell pepper                            1 red bell pepper
1 box Kraft Mac & Cheese                   1 pound boneless sirloin steak
Pinch of Lawrys Season Salt                Pinch of Black Pepper



Directions:   (preheat grill now)
1.  Combine barbeque sauce, A1 Steak Sauce, Robusto Italian Dressing in large bowl. Add Boneless Sirloin Steak to sauce mixture, and mix well until beef is completely covered. Place bowl with meat in the refrigerator to marinade.
2.   Thinly slice onion, red pepper, and green pepper. Mix. Set aside in a vegetable grilling basket.
3.   Prepare Kraft Macaroni & Cheese per box instructions. Start boiling water in medium sized pot. (cook time 10 min)
4.   Place marinated Beef Sirloin Tips, and veggies inside basket on grill. Set timer for 12 min. After first 12 min, turn beef tips over. Remove veggie basket if veggies are soft to touch. Cook beef tips on other side for 12 min. Remove beef tips from grill after 24 min total.  
5.   Slice Beef Sirloin Tips thinly. Set aside.
6.   Place prepared Mac & Cheese on large serving platter. Place sliced Sirloin Tips on top of Mac & Cheese, and then place mixture of veggies on top of Sirloin Tips. Serve and enjoy.





Since it is summer now, I chose to grill the meat and veggies. However, for this recipe the beef and veggies can be prepared on a stove in a skillet. I’m sure other meats can be substituted for beef – chicken, Italian sausage, or Turkey are some suggestions. 

My family loved this recipe, and ate it all up. I will definitely add it to my dinner recipe rotation. My goal is to find 20 new recipes to recycle for dinner during the month of September. Do you have any 30 minute dinner recipes to share with me? I will continue my 20 recipe search, but I would love your help. Show me what skills you have in the kitchen? Let’s make dinner creative again. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment